Saturday, February 23, 2008

unlocking your inner voyeur

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again,.......I'm a voyeur!!! I admit it! Sometimes I come to work, to do work,but instead I voyeur (if you can use this as a verb).

It usually starts quite innocently, then before you know it I have wasted 5 hours clicking thru blogs from people in Ecuador or Japan. I can't control myself when the little button at the top of the screen says "next blog". (go try it when you are done reading this) I look at other people's art projects, their poetry, pictures, family rants, even accidentally came across someones Kama Sutra how to pictures...note: be prepared to click quickly if you are at work, you never know what the next page holds, there is NO warnings.

I have always been like this, interested in others lives or secrets. I gave one of my secrets to a girl at work one day when she was really down in the dumps.

I said," you know what will cheer you up?"
She reluctantly said ,"What?"
"Go here, www.bch.org and click on the nursery page....
pick any day, any name and look...i swear to God you won't be able to do just one, unless there truely is something wrong with you....and if that's the case, call me back; I'll think of something else."

Well, about 25 minutes later she called me from her desk and when I picked up the phone, this is what I got
"I truely hate you."
"I have work to do and now I can't quit smiling or clicking to look at every day and every god awful outfit they subject these wee ones to!"

I know, it's minute, but it does make me happy...and my secret gang of baby spies....I actually got a call from the same girl yesterday when she knew I was having a bad day, she said ,

"I think the nursery is BROKE!!!!!" I can't get IN!!!!!"

Which of course made ME stop doing my work and head to the secret website to see if I could get in....thank god we figured it out and spent the next 40 minutes clicking thru February.

Now that is a true friend. Truely....

It goes on, I'm sure if I didn't think someone would know, I would try to click into peoples private lives. I have always wanted to look at the Tommy Lee/Pam Anderson video...but what if I can't stop? So I don't look at that type of stuff....not because I don't want to, but because I would be trying to see what they had for furniture, what was on their book shelf, what type of drinks they are drinking....you know the normal stuff.

I love that people like this http://needleworksinc.blogspot.com/ take the time to take pictures and post them....just for me...isn't it pretty?

Well, if you come across and nice voyeur topics...send them my way.
back to work.

xo
m


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm like that too, lol.
And thanks for pointing out the nursery thing to me now. You know what this means? I will never get MY work done either!!
~j