
It appears Ilin's public school has banned Lord of the Flies.
It should be a crime to ban books.
To me, it's like the TV or radio...if you don't like it don't, look, listen or read it.
Jeez, it was mandatory reading when I was in 7th grade.
What a shame....
3 comments:
It was mandatory for me too, and I loved it!
I thought those days were long gone.
I suppose they have also banned "The Catcher in the Rye"
Whaaaaaat???
Why on Earth would they ban that book? Jesus H. Christ.
I agree with you. I think it's a shame to forbid books in a school, especially a classic like this. This book teaches a lot about bullying and the feeling of being an outcast, which many children unfortunately face. Maybe by banning the book, some children will read it out of curiosity and learn something about themselves or schoolmates.
Or the administration!?
Post a Comment