Next week I start my last round of clinicals and I have all ready begun my downward spiral of stomach aches and lack of sleep. What is up with that? I get all worked up and freaked out about the unknown and there is no one to talk to about it. As I've stated efore, I'm not really sure if Bobby even knows where or what I do all day. He does now know that I am in school but if he had to find my school or know my schedule...forgettaaboutit. So, I can't talk to him. The people at my school are all so nonchalant about everything I feel dingy telling them that I get scared....although I'll gladly tell them when I haven't taken a poop in 4 days.
Geriatric clinicals...nursing home, smells, poopy, incontinence....and many many pills. Let me say that again....many many pills...and I will be responsible for passing them in pudding to the correct patient at the correct time in the correct manner. jeesus... this is why I can't sleep...I can barely get dinner on the table for my family in a timely manner and now I have this task? breathe.........................
I'm gonna be fine. Right? Aren't there any nurses out there that read this crap piece of blog?
4 comments:
I feel your pain. I am right there with you---I have the ability to appear calm when I'm freaking out inside---sshhh its a secret. You are an awesome nurse. You have the blessing of good sense and plenty of it. The most important thing.
You will do fantastic, and maybe applesauce will be a better medium for pills:-)
I have dealt with MANY nurses these past few days and knowing you like I do, you are and will be wonderful!!!! I would be thrilled to have you as a nurse!!!
Hey Girly, my God why do you freak out? You are one of the BEST student nurses, I would much rather have YOU than let's say... ok, well then, let's just not say anyone and be nice. I am nervous too, but I know they aren't just going to feed us to the wolves. There's a process and we will be just fine... let's focus on getting through tomorrow ok? LOVE YA!!
Post a Comment