
A few years ago, one of the young girls who worked in admissions with me said," I think I have a missed connection!" I said, "WHAT?"
She went on to explain to me about Craigslist "missed connections" and showed me the one she thought was hers :). Cute, and oh so addictive. It's a secret pleasure I have and although the hospital has blocked it I have figured out how to get around the firewall to still view it. I randomly click through them. Reading one to 'purdy gurl at Walmart' and then click the 'RE:' to see how perfect they will be together. I make up stories while I'm at work about how the 'couple who dance next to each other at Red Rocks' are now dating happily with a great story of how they met.
What is Wrong with ME!? Am I that pitiful or that romantic. Is it because, romance is gone and I'm always looking for the real romance of things. I mean this can't be it can it? People go through their days and then all of a sudden it hits them like a drunk driver...ROMANCE. I know, in my heart, this is what is going to happen to Bobby. One day he will wake up, be on his way to work and say...Damn...I'm lucky. His knees will get weak and he will want to turn around to find me and tell me.
Yeah...uh huh...this is what keeps me reading Missed Connections. Not to find mine, but to secretly help others find theirs. Fantasy at it's finest.
I met Bobby on Yahoo Groups....(remember Yahoo Groups, before myspace?) Sometimes I wonder if he was just trolling and ended up with me or was it romantic? We chatted a bit, called on the phone, then met in Vegas for the Rockabilly Weekender. Was it a connection? Yes...we are still here 7 years later...ups and downs...and the computer, one of the main arguments in our lives. (we both know what happens on the computer)
Anyways...check out the missed connections they are funny. I have been known to send them to people I know...a secret admirer thing, you know to make them feel good (they don't know it's me). I just say stuff like " To the girl on the HOP with the blue scarf, your eyes lit up my day...you are beautiful."
It makes people happy to know they were noticed. That's all. Doesn't it?
your resident weirdo
m
1 comment:
Awww, that's sweet.
We still have a Yahoo Group. I get pending activity when S doesn't look, but I never read them anymore. =\
I've never heard of those missed connections.
Post a Comment