Tuesday, November 11, 2008

commitment phobe

If it's not one thing it's another. I'm not sure if my mind is in a different time zone or maybe it's just me. Whatever the case, it's getting worse. Last night when the stupid little old dog had to go outside for the 20th time that evening I got out of bed, in the dark, did my yelling for the 20th time and clopped naked down the stairs...well almost down the stairs...I missed the last 3 and ate carpet at the bottom. Damn Dog!!! Don't panic, I was fine, except for the carpet burn and bruise on my knees...BUT if I had been 5 years older I guarantee I would have broken a hip. I just know it.

Maybe it's the universe trying to warn me about something...and not gravity. Maybe it is saying to pick a path and stick to it. (yes, I realize this has nothing to do with the dog peeing.) Maybe it is saying to make a commitment and stick to one. Yes, that is what it is saying.

So starting today 11/11 and the time is 10:11 am....I will make one commitment, finish it and start again. ( i promise this isn't going to be like the 100 pushups, although I did finish that program)

Today my commitment/goal is to have a great clinical experience and learn...learn alot, so that when I'm done I have confidence.

Now, back to reality. I'm sick and tired of work and school and desperately need a vacation. I am trying to plan the vacation to Destin but am unable to make a commitment on airline tickets. The reason being the cheapest I can find are 200$ round trip, gotta get 4, and the return time is at 550 am. I don't think I can bring myself to get the family up at 330 am on our last day of vacation. The next plain tickets are 260$ which puts us over the 1000$ range for tickets. Not gonna do it. (note to people without kids, as fabulous as kids are...this is one reason to not have them)...So, although I have found a little condo for about 600$ a week I can't commit. Someone help me.

I will make that commitment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be able to help you. I am planting a money tree for myself. I would be happy to send you some seeds. And some delusion. You will need lots of delusion to make it grow.

JB said...

Ditch one of the members, I will go and bring one of mine and then the condo and food will be split. That right off the bat will save you $700 and I guarantee you a better time!!!!

I promise not to make you say any obsenitites while we are there.... well wait, unless it's the fun kind of obsenities... we are good at those!