Monday, February 11, 2019

365 days : first date


2/11/19


This young man drove 5 hours to take me on a real first date ... I was 3 years older and and in passing he heard I had never been asked out and picked up in a car and taken out.  So, the young gentleman that he was....he made it happen.
I still remember how nervous this young punk rock kid was when he asked. 
We had known each other for a few years because he hung out like a little brother in our circle of friends. 
Just a kid.
I couldn't say no, because he put so much effort into it and he really was a sweet heart.
Picked me up in his classic Caliente car that he had just had repainted....and if I remember correctly we got rear ended in Little 5 Points on the way to the movie.
He kept his cool.

I believe we saw a movie, had dinner, and he took me home, walked me to the door, and kissed me on the cheek.
I believe he was just 16 or 17 and I was 19 or 20....
I had moved many times, and we both went through many changes...
The other day when I was cleaning, I found a stack of postcards from throughout the years he had sent me.
Back before the internet etc...
postcards :)
A young man who wrote.
and was also very punk rock.
What a flipping gem.
well,


Today is his birthday.
47 
He has grown up, 

No, this is not the Dude.

We still adore each other. 
We talk almost everyday and we always joke we have the longest surviving 
long distance relationship ever.
I don't believe we had ever kissed or anything else...

Always a gentleman.

I'm grateful he is still in my life. 
This big badass man....

Happy Birthday, Travis


it's been about 30 years 
xox,
write ya later,
m






No comments: