Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reason 2008...

Not to have kids....You don't get to go to New Year's Parties, unless your friends have kids and are in the "loop". Our friends are having the "New Year's Eve Party of All Time" this year at their house. cool...love it...except it's an "adult party" which does not mean, everyone is dressed or undressed performing acts of S&M to ring in 2009, but means....NO KIDS. Whatever. I swore to myself at one point that I would never do that to my friends. (I do draw the line with dogs who grab things off the tables or pee in the corner at my house)...but kids, (even though I'm not a big fan)...Bring em...Have a cocktail, we'll put the kids downstairs with the stacks of DVD's and bowls of popcorn, containers of legos , and YOU my Friends...can relax....so, once again this year I'll be ringing in the New Year with my cheap bottle of bubbly, probably somewhere around 945...maybe that is when Japan rings in theirs and then hit the hay...just so I can get up and work again tomorrow. Wah Wah Wah. Screw it.

off the subject a bit...
Yesterday I got an email from Bobby ....
"wanna go to CA. for the weekend of the 17th?"

Holy shit?! Really...did he remember my birthday? He's actually going to take me somewhere, and he apparently has planned it, too. I wonder if my friends are in on this? I need a few days off so bad I can taste it. How awesome is this? What will we do with the kids and dogs?...who cares I'm sure he's thought it thru. My 40th birthday...He's going to bring it this time. I will be able to feel like a rockstar, getting on the redeye to fly into LA, party with old friends and head home on Sunday. YESSSS! As I start dreaming about it I email him back and say that sounds great...Sissy is coming the 20th...but the 17th is the weekend before right? How are we getting there. then I wait. I wait half the day for a reply, thinking he must be getting his ducks in a row. Then the emails come, one after the other...

"Well, I was thinking we could fly...but is that too much $$$?" ( I don't know,you should be planning it)

"Yeah the NAMM show is that weekend, I haven't been in years" ( What the Fuck? the NAMM show?...what about my 40th birthday? (for all of you not familiar, the NAMM show is a weekend convention which is equivalant to a Star Trek convention except it's for Guitar Nerds so you can only imagine) You MUST be joking? )
This is when my balloon burst. I should have known...He wasn't taking ME to CA. He needed to ask if he could go and figured that would be the right way to do it. My emails stopped at that point, either he had a moment of clarity, which I highly doubt, or thought he would let me think about it. When I got home I said, Really? the NAMM show? Why are you asking me to go, you don't want me to go...you want to take Olive and me to the NAMM Show? I have an idea, how about you fly yourself to the NAMM Show and enjoy yourself with your friends and I'll see ya next week. "Ok" he says..".sounds good, you sure it's ok if I fly?" whatever...Although just a wee bit in the back of my mind I think...I should say, you know what...WE do want to go...I think that would be great...We'll hang with ya all day at the NAMM show and make sure it's good and FUN for you...No, I wouldn't really do that....but I did think about it. So, for my 40th birthday week I get to lay around while he enjoys himself in Sunny CA.
Welcome 2009 Maybe things are going to change.
xo
m

6 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

=(

JB said...

Hey that is great!!! So now it will be ok for us to go to Vegas for your b-day!!!

I hear the THUNDA from DOWN UNDA... calling your name... and I know of a hot sequined dress that you can wear!!!!!

v8grrl said...

JB,,,
You are a freak...you tickets to vegas are 87$ right now. I told you...we are going to Lannies Clocktower for my birthday...no big tadoo...just cocktails and no stress.!!!

JB said...

We can have you back in 36 hours... I promise and it will be no cost to you. I am SERIOUS!!!

k said...

before I read the other comments I thought screw him - head to vegas - you deserve a break! And leave him behind for Florida too. We'll have fun and I am searching up a babysitter. I think Elena might be going down also so Ilin can have someone to hang with.

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! I'd feel bad too. Make your 40th fun whatever you're doing! :)