Tuesday, December 16, 2008
so, it happened
Yesterday I had a breakdown. A blubbering,snot pouring breakdown. I'm not sure what's going on, but I do recall people saying, "be prepared for when you are done...people get depressed."
Odd..but it appears to be truth, along with the fact it's the holiday season, -14 degrees here, and I can't seem to get my head organized. It's weird how when I had absolutely no time to even take a crap I could have my entire week planned down to the minute....right now I can barely get myself to work.
I made it to work this morning after navigating the iceskating rink of a road and appeared to, once again, be the first person to work. That's fine...I'm an early riser, but I had a feeling about today. My boss started in yesterday about how she feels like she is getting a sinus infection. As she is telling me this, I glance over at the little calendar I keep beside my desk with everyone's schedule....AH Ha! Yup...what does she think I was born yesterday? Schedule has her off for 5 day starting Thurs...so, I guess she feels like she needs an extra day off or two and the easiest way to get it is to just call in sick. Next, I get the email from my office job share person. She won't be in again today. Her days don't start for vacation until the 24th....so can't really explain it, except that she was out yesterday and if you are out of work for 3 days in a row you get to use this bank of special "sick reserve days" to cover your pay, oppossed to using your vacation days. So, the way I see it, I'll be working by myself until the first of the year. I hate work. On a good note, if they aren't here I can turn the radio on to bad holiday music, do my stomach crunches on the "workout balls" we sit on and eat whatever I want at my desk without feeling guilty. On a crappy note, I have to do ALL the work myself.
The office is a strange dynamic and it goes in waves. It seems like my coworkers attempt all this work when they think they are going to recieve something in return...once the holiday bonus came out the work stopped, people got sick, and nothing is getting done. I actually had one coworker come in yesterday and wandered about the office, ordered a few things from purchasing, decorated the windows, announced it was lunch time then went home. Lord, and we wonder why people get laid off.
I have some things to post from our arts and crafts night...but my computer from 1992 can't load anything from 1995 or later here at work. i'm not fluent in DOS so we will have to wait until I get home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment