Thursday, December 18, 2008

SnB Pleasantries!!!


What a happy evening. Last night I reluctantly got out of the house to go see Bobby play at the Bluebird. I got home late from work, didnt even have time to change my clothes from work. Just put on some different shoes and grabbed my knitting bag (because you just never know) and hopped in the car. "Load in is at 6!!!!" He yells. I yell back , as I'm changing shoes..."Load is at 6 my ass...we will rush around like chickens with our heads cut off, get there promptly at 6 then stand around waiting for the hippies to do their sound check....it's a big scam!"
But, Bobby, being the prompt person that he is never likes to be late so we left anyways and what happened? just guess...we get there...the ripe hippies do their sound checks then they turn to Bobby and say "18 Wheeler doesn't get a sound check ...just line check" I turn and glare at Bobby...but I didn't say " SEE!!!!!" So we got the group together and headed across the street to the Goose to have a few beers and my favorite yummy nachos. Lalalaaaaaaa...walk across the street, open the door, look to the right and Effin A!!! Girls KNITTING!!! think think think think...SNB...Cool SNB...Denver SNB, not Longmont SNB (no offense)...but Tattoos...beer...Smiles!!! One of the girls (Moxieknits) looks over and points and says "HEY, I know you...Well, I know him and you are her...HI!!!!" (this does not make any sense to anyone except her and me and anyone who has ever only known someone via the web...) I jumped for joy and ran over and gave her a probably unwanted hug, but Hell...that's the kind of freak I am I was so excited I couldn't contain myself :).... Then I realized...I don't know these people, they don't know me and I probably shouldnt bother them....so what did I do, you ask? I pulled up a chair and started yapping. What a ding a ling I am...whatever. I had fun...I enjoyed what little of them I got to know and hope to see them again....

Synda, you would have loved it...it was like coming home.

We made it home after Bobby played by 1115, which is perfect and my night was over.
Fun Full and Satisfied.

yippee..

4 comments:

roXy said...

sweet, when do they have another one. I want to go. I joined their group on Ravelry a couple of days ago.
p.s. I sold one of my textbooks on amazon!

v8grrl said...

We will have to see...

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

That's cool =)
I am jealous.
Are you enjoying your little bits of free time now?

Anonymous said...

It was super awesome to meet you too! we meet every wednesday, hopefully you guys can make it soon :)