Well...I did it !!!!! (takes a bow)
I put in a real IV in a real sick person!..First of all let me thank Synda for letting me practice one time on her little hand EVEN after we had been drinking all morning. That is a true friend...good thing we stopped when we did, drinking that is, because we had almost convinced my Brother in law to let us try a catheter! ;)
So my patient yesterday was a 83 year old man with Aphagia (loss of speech) He had an AC IV (from the ambulance techs) in and it had bent in the crook of his arm...so I was asked, to much of my dismay, to place a new line. I thought to myself...83, sick...probably no veins. Low and behold the man had great veins...and with a shaky hand and a few deep breaths I got it in...just like that. I even surprised myself. I got everything in, flushed the line with saline,and taped that bugger down from here to Tibet. The Patient lifted his arm and said "It's like a piece of Art" That's right, mister...that thing ain't comin' out til you go home. Tape, tagaderm, tape, tape and maybe more tape...just for safety :) anyways...I'm done...now I'm going to move on to bigger better things...Suppositories!! mmmmmmm
xo
write ya later
m
1 comment:
Whew! You are brave! And now, you've done it and it will be a breeze from now on =D
And you had me snickering with the drinking and poking and possible catheder!! Remind me not to drink around you guys when you have your med supplies!!!
Post a Comment